Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Super Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff



Beef Stroganoff is something I rarely order in a restaurant because it's too time consuming for them to make it to order and I just don't think you can do it right in pre-cooked large batches. It's also something I rarely made at home because I always thought it was just too difficult unless you grab that box of Hamburger Helper at the grocery. Sorry, after my college and early years on my own, I just can't bring myself to eat meals that pop out of a box. Then I found this recipe and my problem was solved. Not only is it easy, but it's delicious. So delicious that my other half went back for seconds and exclaimed during dinner, "This is amazing, the beef just melts in your mouth. You're going to have to make this again."  If you don't like amazing dishes that take just a few simple ingredients and very little prep time then stop reading HERE!


Ready, Set......Go!



2 pounds cubed stew meat
2 cans Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1 largish onion diced
2-3-4 Tbsps of Worcestershire (It's a matter of taste!)
1/2 cup water
8 oz of cream cheese
1 tsp Garlic Salt
couple dashes of Hot Paprika

In the slow cooker stir in all the ingredients, except the meat AND the Cream Cheese. Once combined add the meat and mix together.

Cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Cut up the cream cheese into cubes just before serving and turn crockpot on high. Stir the cream cheese in until all combined. You might have to put the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes. 

Serve over egg noodles.

1 comment:

  1. I made this Friday. When I was preparing the ingredients, I had a Boca chef in the house criticizing my knife skills (admittedly, they are crap) and who, quite frankly, did not think I could pull this off (I eat... I do NOT cook--hence, the reason my other half is a chef)... I added some Baby Bellas to the recipe and substituted a cup of sour cream for the cream cheese... It turned out amazing! AND received the chef's approval (this is the first time EVER that I can think of in which he ate something someone else cooked and he did not even mention adding something to "fix" the dish). This reciepe = heaven.

    ReplyDelete