Saturday, September 22, 2012

Crockpot Pot Roast



This is hands down the easiest pot roast recipe ever. So simple that it caused a debate about whether or not it was really cooking.  Last month I made the recipe for the first time and shared it on Facebook. One of my friends posted a comment stating "it sounds delicious and simple enough for even me to cook, IF I cooked". After a little prodding, she tried it for herself and was amazed at how well it turned out.  As a morning radio show host, she took the to the airwaves the next morning to share the recipe with her listeners.  Her male co-host replied that if you're just adding a handful of simple ingredients to a crockpot and letting it sit, "you're not really cooking".  The overwhelming consensus at the end of the debate was "if you start with raw food and end up with cooked food then it's COOKING".  I myself will admit that's it's really so easy that come dinner time I barely feel like I cooked and I'm quite alright with that. 



One roast, three little packets and a bit of water, yep that's all it takes!!  Place your roast in your crockpot.  In a small bowl mix one packet of Brown Gravy mix, one packet of Ranch Dressing mix and one packet of Italian Dressing mix with a half cup of water. Stir it well and dump it over your roast. Place the lid on the crockpot, turn it on low, slide it to the back of your counter and forget it about for 7-8 hours.  About thirty minutes before dinner time, I added in a jar of mushroom slices.  The roast is tender and the au jus is absolutely wonderful.  I can assure you the results far outweigh the effort. Give it a try for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment